Diary of a Mother's Mission

My son, Kevin Martin, disappered under mysterious circumstances in the wee hours of July 18, 2004. His partial remains were found on February 1, 2005 in the river. The Des Moines Police have not been helpful and this is my blog to tell what I have done as it's done.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

a begining

I didn't know where to begin but in my indecision I guess I did make a start after all. A month
ago I returned to Des Moines. I always intended to return but the death of my son Kevin Martin
July 18, 2004 hastened my decision and return. I say his death July 18th. That was the last day anyone saw him but other than that we know nothing. July 18th he went missing. Around February 1st or 2nd his remains were found in the river.

Saturday night or actually Sunday morning I visited downtown, 4th and Court and walked outside in front of the Royal Mile bar. This was something I had wanted to do a year ago. He
was supposedly at the Royal Mile and left from there never to be seen again.

There were a lot of people milling about on a beautiful Summer evening downtown Des Moines.
It is so hard for me to understand how no one saw him at the Royal Mile that night other than the guys he was with.

It was a start for me and gave me a better idea of that Saturday night and what was going on
at that time, aproximately 2:15 a.m. in that part of town.

I am left with more questions...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home