Diary of a Mother's Mission

My son, Kevin Martin, disappered under mysterious circumstances in the wee hours of July 18, 2004. His partial remains were found on February 1, 2005 in the river. The Des Moines Police have not been helpful and this is my blog to tell what I have done as it's done.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

A little ray of hope

A week ago I enquired about hiring cadaver dogs and divers to
search once again the area where they found Kevin's remains. The last couple of weeks I visited the river when I realized
that the water level was so low. So much lower than even last
February when the remains were spotted. I couldn't believe it was so low.

For many month's now when I knew for sure that I was returning
to Des Moines I felt this was something I had to do. One last attempt to find the skull which I thought might give us more information as to what happened to Kevin. Even if it doesn't shed light on that night and why Kevin died I guess it's only normal to want all of my son's remains.

Well things happened alot quicker than I thought. Wonderful caring people responded with the consent of the Des Moines police dept. Those people are willing to give it one more shot. My hope was that because of the really low water level things maybe exposed or if nothing else one isn't fighting high water
and strong currents. There are so many sand bars exposed now
compared to last February. At this point if the skull was burried one could dig for it, walk out on the sand bar as I did
on Sunday and dig around.

So once again I have a ray of hope...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home