Diary of a Mother's Mission

My son, Kevin Martin, disappered under mysterious circumstances in the wee hours of July 18, 2004. His partial remains were found on February 1, 2005 in the river. The Des Moines Police have not been helpful and this is my blog to tell what I have done as it's done.

Thursday, March 01, 2012

Another New Start

I'm just going to write a little something to get back into the swing of things. It has been so long. They change things on the computer which throws me into a panic. This time I seemed to figure it out on my own. Amazing! I feel like I did when I first started to blog, how many years ago? Kevin went missing in 2004 and I think it was the next year that I started to blog, 2005. Seems so long ago. Kevin's birthday is coming up. He would be 29, I think. Not a young man anymore. But a handsome man. I wonder where the years would have led him. Where he would be, probably Des Moines since he liked the city so much, what he would be doing, what he would look like...

Time helps. Distance helps. Although even this February, the very beginning of the month, I felt really down and so tried to reflect on my mood. They found Kevin's remains on February 1st. if I remember correctly. That day and the next week or so were difficult. I drove to Des Moines and back to give DNA samples to the police department. Enough time has gone by that so much of this is not in the forefront of my psyche but yet obviously is in the recesses of my mind and being. I don;t know whether I pinpointed the cause of my moroseness but it seemed to me that I felt better once I was aware in my consciousness that this was a significant time. The recall helped to ease my pain. Pain still there, and always will be, but dulled in intensity and duration.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home