Diary of a Mother's Mission

My son, Kevin Martin, disappered under mysterious circumstances in the wee hours of July 18, 2004. His partial remains were found on February 1, 2005 in the river. The Des Moines Police have not been helpful and this is my blog to tell what I have done as it's done.

Thursday, September 22, 2005

A FLOOD OF MEMORIES

There isn't a day that goes by that Kevin doesn't dominate my thoughts. There isn't a day that
goes by when I don't start to cry. But I can't cry because I feel I have so much to do and I
don't want to get bogged down in emotion and loss. I knew it would be hard returning to
Des Moines where Kevin's memory is everywhere but it is a comfort too. Kevin loved Des Moines and I can do more here. I felt so far away in New York.

I haven't heard from the people who are planning to search the river again. Last Saturday the man called me. They had visited the river and said it was rising and that they would wait for
optimum conditions. Hopefully the river will stay low and soon they will decide to give it a shot.
So once again I guess I just have to be patient and have faith that the right time will come.

This morning I was thinking about Superman , one of Kevin's favorite heroes. Even after he packed away his action figures I would still get him the latest adult collectible. He would display it on his dresser or bookcase. I was trying to remember the words from the tv show , from the opening. Faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locamotive, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound ... And then on and something like for truth , justice and the American
way. Iv'e been thinking alot about all of this. I guess I want that pure American hero justice
for Kevin who believed in it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home