Diary of a Mother's Mission

My son, Kevin Martin, disappered under mysterious circumstances in the wee hours of July 18, 2004. His partial remains were found on February 1, 2005 in the river. The Des Moines Police have not been helpful and this is my blog to tell what I have done as it's done.

Friday, September 30, 2005

Exposed

This is like dejavu, excuse the spelling, the same feeling, but I should know by now
and yet I didn't. I'm not a fast thinker. A couple of days after talking with the
people who were going to help me, I kind of wondered about something that was said.
One of the people called to say that they were at the river and the water was rising as they stood there. That was a Friday early evening. He called Saturday morning.
I started to think about it. The River is rising... I don't know much about the river but it seemed to me that if the river was rising that weekend would have been
THE weekend to search. We have had storms and each rain my hopes were dashed a little
more. I'm not sure but I think flood gates were opened also as it is the end of the boating season on Saylorville lake.


I feel so exposed. These people search the river. Do you mean to tell me they couldn't have predicted this very thing? If I had had more information I would
have gone down there and searched myself. Now I know. But it's too late. I'm exposed
but not one sandbar is left exposed, not one. My resolve? There are other ways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home