Diary of a Mother's Mission

My son, Kevin Martin, disappered under mysterious circumstances in the wee hours of July 18, 2004. His partial remains were found on February 1, 2005 in the river. The Des Moines Police have not been helpful and this is my blog to tell what I have done as it's done.

Thursday, October 13, 2005

A Celebration of Life?

This morning on the news once again I saw an advertisement for the race for the cure. I guess there were about 16,000 people involved. This is not my first involvement with an issue that wasn't in the fore-front I guess. A cure for cancer is and should be in the forefront because of its importance and because of the numbers of people that have been touched by it.

Missing persons? I haven't had time to do research yet so I only know a little about this issue from personal experience with Kevin. I have heard that it involves 100,000 persons nationwide. Perhaps that is a small number compared to cancer, I don't know. But what I do know is that I would like the "Missing Person" issue to be more in the forefront. A celebration of all lives. Young lives that disappear. Some that are found. Others that are never found and cause of death is never determined.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home