Diary of a Mother's Mission

My son, Kevin Martin, disappered under mysterious circumstances in the wee hours of July 18, 2004. His partial remains were found on February 1, 2005 in the river. The Des Moines Police have not been helpful and this is my blog to tell what I have done as it's done.

Thursday, November 17, 2005

The Search

I was in the library on November 14th almost exactly a year ago to the day that we had a "search" for Kevin in downtown Des Moines at 4th and Court where he spposedly was last seen. I'll never forget that day either as I stood there on a very clear but cool morning wondering if anyone would come. It was one of many significant and extraordinary days in the past aproximately 16 months since Kevin disappeared.

People did come. It was kind of ironic I thought that I accidentally ran into one of the people who came to the search to help out. I feel remiss in that I don't think I ever adequately thanked them or her. (this was on Saturday, Nov.12th)At least I have a chance to thank this one wonderful person and in time perhaps I will meet once again some of the others.

Perhaps I will still have another search. I haven't given up on trying to find the skull which was never found and might give us more information on Kevin's death. That isn't the only search for me though. I've always been searching it seems. I'm still searching for answers large and small but now I guess I'm framing my questions and quest into the context of a missing child who was found dead. I seek answers to many things so I guess the "search goes on...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home