Diary of a Mother's Mission

My son, Kevin Martin, disappered under mysterious circumstances in the wee hours of July 18, 2004. His partial remains were found on February 1, 2005 in the river. The Des Moines Police have not been helpful and this is my blog to tell what I have done as it's done.

Thursday, October 27, 2005

The Face of Missing

Kevin is my face of missing although his remains were found. I have the faces of two other young people indelibly printed in my memory along with Kevin's. Craig Freer who went missing from Scotia,N.Y., my home town, a couple of weeks before Kevin did and to my knowledge still remains among the missing and Suzanne Lyall who disappeared 7 years ago and still has not been found. I have looked at their pictures numerous times. I could never walk by a picture of Craig, pictures which were prominently displayed in Scotia stores and banks, etc., without stopping and looking and wondering and feeling the same pain that Mr. and Mrs. Freer feel. Suzanne's picture was in a N.Y.State income tax pamphlet. Scotia is part of the "Capital District" area which encompasses Albany, Schenectady,Troy , and many other small towns too. Suzanne is from Albany.

At times when I walk into Walmart, especially one branch I stop and look at the pictures of the missing. All of the faces and I think to myself how I would ever remember any of them if I ever ran into them. But I would remember Craig and Suzanne so perhaps that is a start. I had to put a face on the missing because it was my own child and that certainly changes things. Your life and the way you look at things and faces. And there are thousands of faces of the missing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home