Diary of a Mother's Mission

My son, Kevin Martin, disappered under mysterious circumstances in the wee hours of July 18, 2004. His partial remains were found on February 1, 2005 in the river. The Des Moines Police have not been helpful and this is my blog to tell what I have done as it's done.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving - to be thankful for all the things we do have and as I've said before I have to work on being thankful for the 21 years I had with Kevin. 21 years was a significant life as the pastor said but, yes, I want the real deal not just memories. That isn't reality and so I have " memories" and have to make the best of them. More than that, I guess, I have to treasure them because that's all I have. In due time I'm sure I will appreciate those wonderful memories more and more because they were wonderful and many.

Always at the wrong place at the wrong time. But for once in my life I felt this was not the case. When I came out to live in Des Moines I always made a special point to do things with Kevin even when at times I felt I was intruding on his young bachelor life and friends. But it was something that I felt strongly about almost to the point that on another level, a subconscious level, I knew something more... and so I was given this miraculous gift of time with Kevin.

Thanksgiving. So, yes, I will have to work at keeping my spirit up but I do have those memories. As a matter of fact I spent two Thanksgiving days with him and one wonderful Christmas. But that's another story. So, trying to give thanks for so many things plus Kevin's little namesake, Kevin Russell Martin, who was born August 9th and brings so much joy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home