Diary of a Mother's Mission

My son, Kevin Martin, disappered under mysterious circumstances in the wee hours of July 18, 2004. His partial remains were found on February 1, 2005 in the river. The Des Moines Police have not been helpful and this is my blog to tell what I have done as it's done.

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Discouragement

Seems like I'm back where I was last September. Now I'm settled in, sort of, on my job for 6 months - not that it's any easier. The split shift, and all, and once again I'm under the weather one too many times since I arrived back in Des Moines. Progress? Very little. Two trips to the police last August-Sept. with the same results as I had previously. Nothing had changed and they had no intention of doing anything more. My little ray of hope after contacting the dog handlers and a diver was short lived. They were going to keep me informed. What a joke. After the river was flooded at the end of the boating season at Saylorville Lake I didn't hear a word from them. This was after they told me they would keep me posted. Kevin's story was in the paper on February 1st, the anniversary of finding his remains. The police now had a body. I was repeatedly told there was nothing they could do unless someone came forward or they found a body. They didn't find the body. A fisherman did but they still did nothing more. There was no further investigation. A friend of Kevin's got in touch with me and that is the only positive hopefull thing that has happened!

A week ago, into the beginning of the week as well, there was a report on the news on a fourth investigation into the death of Pat Tillman at the request of his family. A fourth attempt. In my opinion KEVIN NEVER EVEN GOT ONE THOROUGH INVESTIGATION. Of course, Pat Tillman was an NFL football player who decided to join the military. That was an outstanding, admirable thing to do and I don't begrudge any amount of investigations into his death. I do begrudge the lack of investigation on Kevin's behalf. Patrick Tillman's family wants to know the truth about their son's death. THE TRUTH. And I want to know the truth about Kevin's death.

This week at work, for the second time in a couple of months, someone brought and distributed fliers concerning a missing young woman. I'm sure this is done frequently as the bus drivers at the MTA are out on the streets all the time. I try to catch the news as much as I can but didn't hear much if anything on these two young women who are apparently missing. Both of these young women are under 18 years of age. I wanted to call, especially regarding this most recent situation and so I picked up one of the fliers. What do I say to these people? Basicly all I have to share with them is discouragement and, yes, we did find Kevin's remains. Hopefully their situation will turn out differently and their loved ones will be found. So I'm really left where I was last September... I know what I'm faced with. I was faced with it right from the beginning and so perhaps that's why it's taking me so long...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home