Diary of a Mother's Mission

My son, Kevin Martin, disappered under mysterious circumstances in the wee hours of July 18, 2004. His partial remains were found on February 1, 2005 in the river. The Des Moines Police have not been helpful and this is my blog to tell what I have done as it's done.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Agitated

Agitation and perhaps a little bit of excitement today. Maybe they're similar feelings but excitement I associate with positive, good, agitation with unsettling unrest. Last Thursday or Friday there was a story in the paper about photos being found on the door step of Noreen Gosch's home. Photos of John Gosch who disappeared in the early 80's at the age of 12. I felt elated for her and hoped that this new development might mean a break in the long unsolved case regarding her son. Last week there was another story about a 17 year old who was missing for a couple of days and then was found with a broken leg in Water Works Park right here close to downtown. Then a day or so ago there was a murder of a young guy, 18 years old, in Des Moines. His body was found in the Woodland Cemetery by someone who was walking through. Also right close to downtown and in an area that I walk by all the time. In this case an arrest was made very quickly of five people, supposed friends of this young man. I should know his name from seeing it on the news but I can't think of it offhand. There were four guys and a girl involved. So apparently people talked and then of course a body was found. Supposed friends did this. His friends. At first they said it was a prank. A prank that went bad but then they said, no, it was something else. Planned. There was also apparently a ritual involved and performed before they killed him. I had also mentioned about Evelyn Miller, a young girl found dead six days after her disappearance. It was the anniversary just a short time ago. There was also an article in the paper about missing person agencies and the fact that there were very few skilled, trained searchers. I wish I had known about these agencies. There are search groups but who knows about them. I found out too late. The first I heard was concerning Natalie Holloway, something called Equisearch. The Missing person Clearing House was going to help me find my son. What did they do? They put his name and face on a monthly flier which goes to police dept's in Iowa. How much good does that do? I would like to have been informed about this other agency which can't train people because they don't have enough cases. Here was one case that needed help and could have used their trained people but didn't know about it.

I haven't heard any more about the photos left on Noreen Gosch's doorstep. They did say they needed to authenticate the pictures. Things on the news come and go. Nothing lately on Natalie Holloway either, at least not on the news around here. I don't have cable and so only catch the regular news on local channels. When the kid was found in Water Works Park I did hear something about search dogs. Whether or not that's true or not, I don't know. I guess I am hoping that more of these stories in the forefront, on the news, will make a difference. It makes me agitated though and that's good. Things are being done somewhere if not here. And why not here? And if dogs were used regarding the one case, why not in Kevin's case? (although they did use one little dog on the river at one point) Why didn't the police want me to do a search? Well, this is all rehashing but the questions are still there. All of them. So I am very agitated and that's good. Really good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home